On January 5th Jasmijn’s 12th birthday does not go unnoticed. She is not allowed to receive my birthday gifts so I’m not sending anything this time. Emails? Who knows whether she even gets them. Her last email to me was sent 10 months ago and how do I know whether she actually wrote it or whether it’s written by her father? When Jasmijn is back home we will celebrate all the Mothers Days, birthdays and Christmases we missed together. We’ll have a HUUUUGE party! My birthday gift to her is my promise that I will continue to fight hard for her! I will keep shouting from the rooftops what is happening to her until Justice is served!
I organize another Court Watch for the hearing on January 13th. Protective Mothers worldwide email and call Marin County Superior Court’s presiding judge D’Opal and request that Judge Adams consider the evidence of sexual molestation, child abuse and neglect as found by the Dutch State Child Mental Health Institution GGNet Jeugd as well as Child Therapist Kathryn Carter in Texas, as well as The Hague Court’s own independent child psychologist as well as Jasmijn’s own testimony (twice) in The Hague Court. They request that Judge Adams, in cooperation with Child Family Services launch a proper 3118 investigation in to child sexual abuse of Jasmijn and order Dave H. to get tested for use of cocaine and heroin; after all, he admitted to Nevada County Court in 2010 that he had a 36 year addiction to hard drugs (for which he failed and missed court-ordered drug tests in the following 12 months). Thousands of Protective Mothers worldwide hold their breath.
But during the hearing it becomes clear that Judge Adams of Marin County Superior Court, CA only talked to Jasmijn for 5 minutes last December 23rd. There is no audio recording of the conversation, so what was actually really said we’ll never know. The Protective Mothers who are present in the courtroom to support me are thrown out. Judge Adams closes the courtroom. She has her ruling ready before she enters that courtroom. She does not listen to any of the arguments and she is not willing to look at the expert evidence of child molestation or start her own investigation. She is not testing Dave H for drug addiction either, although he admitted to the court that he can’t stop relapsing and has been diagnosed with Narcissistic and Histrionic personality disorders. She places no consequences to the fact that Dave H has broken all of her court orders so far. She does not care that he chased off all willing supervisors either and is not willing to restore contact between Jasmijn and me. She does not even allow me to know where my daughter lives and as such condones the entire hostage situation. Last but not least she states that “any mother who places pictures of her child on the internet is a bad mother.” The fact that the “father” Dave H places pictures publicly on his facebook timeline with crotch shots of Jasmijn, however is apparently not a problem to her.
Judge Adams, widely known for deep-rooted corruption, is about to be inducted in to the “Hall of Fame” an event taking place in Marin County. I concur with the Center for Judicial Excellence that she needs to be inducted in the Hall of SHAME instead.
In the meantime Judge Verna Adams pushes her agenda of placing children with their abusive, vengeful fathers in International Custody cases at conferences that are organized by the federally funded Fathers Rights’ “Association of Family & Conciliation Courts CA”. She even sells audio CD’s on this topic. She claims that she cares about the “left-behind parent who is oceans apart from his or her child.”
“Does our modern electronic technology truly bridge the continent divide with virtual visitation affording frequent and continuous contact?” Judge Adams asks the audience in her speech. “Or are we as lawyers, judges and mental health professionals just fooling ourselves?” Well, this is what I told Judge Adams during the January 2016 hearing: “As long as you don’t enforce the visitation then Dave H is certainly not going to make it happen. I have had no contact with Jasmijn since May 8th, 2015.”
According to California Penal Code 278.5 a father who does not facilitate visitation is guilty of Criminal Custodial Interference:
(a) Every person who takes, entices away, keeps, withholds, or conceals a child and maliciously deprives a lawful custodian of a right to custody, or a person of a right to visitation, shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), or both that fine and imprisonment, or by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170 for 16 months, or two or three years, a fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000), or both that fine and imprisonment.
With all due respect, one would think that a non-U.S. litigant without legal representation calling in to a California court room by telephone would not have to explain California law to a California Judge?
If Judge Adams did actually speak to Jasmijn on December 23rd, 2015 then that is the last sign of life I have received of Jasmijn. Such extreme maternal deprivation is considered as severe child abuse by experts (10 to 25 minute mark) and grounds for reversal of custody (30 to 32 minute mark). Why is Judge Adams submitting Jasmijn to such torture?
As I told Judge Adams and opposing counsel during the hearing: if there is no justice in Family Court then it is up to the Court of Public Opinion to decide what they think of this hostage situation. So I start mailing politicians and other governmental organizations in both the US and The Netherlands to bring awareness to Jasmijn’s case and the global plight of Protective Mothers.
On January 29th I get good news! After a preliminary investigation National Ombudsman Marc Dullaert announces that he will take on Jasmijn’s case and look at the following facts:
- Judges Bellaart, van Steen, Dragtsma, Mink, Stille en Lückers broke their own Hague Convention Treaty because they did not implement article 13 of that Hague Convention Treaty
- despite expert evidence of child abuse, child molestation and severe neglect at the hands of the father Dave H submitted to the Hague Court by State Youth Mental Health Clinic GGNet Jeugd (henceforward named GGNet Jeugd).
- despite the fact that child therapist Kathryn Carter in Texas noted child abuse and molestation
- despite the recommendation by the Hague Court’s own independent psychologist that not even supervised contact should take place between Dave H and Jasmijn.
- despite the fact that Dave H admitted to the court that he has a severe drug addiction to heroin and cocaine.
- despite the fact that Jasmijn testified about the molestation and abuse in The Hague Lower Court as well as in The Hague Appellate Court and showed strong resistance against contact with her father.
- despite the fact that Jasmijn had been hospitalized due to refusal to eat after being notified of the fact that the Lower Court had ordered her return to the USA and mental health professionals had alerted the Court of her suicidal and homicidal feelings.
- Dutch Child Protective Services, also knows as the “Raad van de Kinderbescherming” (henceforward named RvdK) admitted that at the time of the deportation it had not informed itself about Jasmijn’s case at all. The Dutch CPS (RvdK) admitted that they did not even know about the expert evidence of child abuse and child molestation by the father Dave H as reported extensively by the multi-disciplinary team of GGNet Jeugd throughout a 10 month-long investigation. The Dutch CPS (RvdK) admitted that they did not meet with the expert team at GGNet Jeugd before deciding to participate in the deportation of Jasmijn. As such the Dutch CPS (RvdK) acted as the extension of the DA (Openbaar Ministerie), instead of acting on behalf of the best interest of Jasmijn.
- The deportation definitely did not proceed according to the Enforcement Protocol and the “Guide to Good Practice” of the Hague Convention as witnessed by multiple neighbors who submitted their statements to the Court
- The Dutch District Attorney (Openbaar Ministerie) violated my Constitutional Rights when detaining me without grounds in order to prevent me from stopping the deportation process through Summary Proceedings.
- Dutch Child Protective Services (RvdK) did not collaborate with Child and Family Services in Marin County, CA before the deportation in order to immediately remove Jasmijn from the custody of Dave H upon arrival in The United States until a thorough 3118 sexual abuse and drug abuse investigation had been completed. Such collaboration is deemed mandatory by the Enforcement Protocol of The Hague Convention Treaty.
The fact that National Ombudsman Marc Dullaert is taking on Jasmijn’s case is very encouraging. Not just for Jasmijn but for all children in her situation, now and in the future. Several changes to laws and regulations are proposed. No child should have to endure the Human Rights violations she is going through and neither should their Protective Mothers!
Simultaneoulsy The Netherlands Institute for Human Rights states that they have registered the case!
Media exposure continues and Silent Voices invites me on their show for an interview about Jasmijn’s story, Mothers of Lost Children features Jasmijn’s Story on their website, The Women’s Coalition requests me to participate in their Mainstream Media campaign and radio station WINN invites me to host a weekly blog talk radio show called HELL is for Children to raise awareness about the plight of Protective Mother’s worldwide! The show happens every Saturday at 12 noon Eastern Standard Time (which is 18:00 Central European Time)! All recordings of this show are listed in the radio section of this website and get posted on the Free Jasmijn Facebook page. Please tune in!
On April 4th I receive a letter from The United States Department of State on behalf of President Barack Obama confirming that they are aware of Jasmijn’s case. Helpful suggestions are provided:
Thank you President Barack Obama and the United States Department of State for looking in to Jasmijn’s case! I’m confident that you will take the appropriate steps according to U.S. law to arrest and detain the father on California Penal Code 278.5.
Later in June Conscious Consumer Network TV invites me to move my weekly show HELL IS FOR CHILDREN about the global plight of Protective Mothers to their Live TV platform. Pat Benatar, the copyright holder to the theme song supports the project! She writes: “We’re honored to be part of such a wonderful project. Blessings to you and your family. We are so sorry you ever experienced any of that horror!” Thank you Pat Benatar and thank you CCN Live TV!
HELL IS FOR CHILDREN airs Live every Saturday at 3PM Eastern Time (21:00 Central European Time) Recordings of the shows are made available via youtube here within a few days after each Live broadcast and are also archived here. Past Blog Talk Radio episodes of HELL IS FOR CHILDREN have been archived here.
It costs $1200 a year to keep HELL IS FOR CHILDREN on the air. THANK YOU for making a donation here
In July Jasmijn’s story is added to a documentary about global judicial child trafficking through corrupt CPS and Family Court produced by the Taylor Paige Foundation. Watch the trailer:
In the summer of 2016 Dave requests the court to allow him to travel with Jasmijn internationally, whenever and wherever he wants without my permission or permission from the court in order to completely strip me of my parental rights. Even though Dave and his attorney Kelly Reiter have unilaterally blocked all contact with Jasmijn since May 2015, Dave claims to the court that I have a “negative influence” on Jasmijn that is “detrimental to her well-being” and tweets that I am a “parental alienator”. I’ll leave it up to you, the reader, to make up your own mind about this. A hearing is set for September 27, 2016. Stay tuned…
August: after carefully reviewing the case the Foundation for the Child Victims of the Family Courts officially announces they are going to bat for Jasmijn! The Foundation has existed as 501 (c)3 Non profit Organization since 2008 and confidentially evaluates clients’ situations on a case-by-case basis, and will confront and seek to remediate violations of a parent or child’s civil rights at the hands of governmental entities. The Executive Director Jill Jones-Soderman PhD, MSW, MSHS is a Psychoanalyst, a Clinical Mental Health Supervisor, a Mediator, Forensic Expert, Author, Public speaker and Whistle Blower! This is VERY HOPEFUL! THANK YOU JILL JONES-SODERMAN!!
During the Court Watch for the hearing about Dave H’s request for unrestricted international travel hundreds of Protective Mothers worldwide email and call the judge! Some even drive 4 hours to be present in the court room! VICTORY: Judge Adams DENIES his request at the September 27th hearing!
For a total of 2 years Marin County Superior Court blocked me from accessing my court records and filing motions but I finally get help to break through their barricade! I take up the study of California Family Law and I am now a self-represented litigant fighting for Jasmijn from The Netherlands. First motion I file? Order to Show Cause and Affidavit for CONTEMPT! Jasmijn’s father Dave H faces 20 months in jail and a $10.000 fine! By filing Contempt against the father I finally get Judge Adams to enforce Skype contact. After a total of 564 days without a sign of life I finally have Skype with Jasmijn on November 22nd, 2016. The CONTEMPT trial date is February 22, 2017 and I will go up against the father’s 2 attorneys and the infamous Judge Adams. The countdown is on! Stay tuned and a HUGE thank you to the thousands of FREE JASMIJN supporters from all over the world! Together we will get her home!